The S4 QUASAR Heated vaccuum chemiluminescence gas analysers combine high levels of performance with flexibility and ease-of-use in the continuous measurement of NOx, Nitric Oxide, Nitrogen Dioxide or Ammonia.Heated vacuum chemiluminescence is the reference method for monitoring NOx (combined NO and NO2), offering higher sensitivity with minimal quenching effects, and a heated reaction chamber facilitates the processing of hot, wet sample gases without condensation. The reaction of NO (Nitric Oxide) and O3 (ozone) to produce the chemiluminescence is greatly improved under vacuum, with a better signal to noise ratio, and a fast response time makes it ideal for real-time reporting applications. This method is specified in many standards, such as EN 14792 and Method 7E.
• Very high vacuum with dry vac pump or atmospheric pressure versions
• ‘Hot’ and ‘Cold’ versions
• Totally automatic operation
• Wireless tablet
• Software suite for use over ethernet or RS232
• Dual detectors for continuous NO2, NO and NOx readings
• Trace PPM measurements standard
• High range % available
- Method 7e
- EURO VI/VII
• Vehicle emissions
• Scrubber efficiency
• Combustion efficiency
• Combustion emissions
• Flue gas emissions monitoring
• Process emissions monitoring
• Ammonia slip
• Process control
• Power plant de-nitrification
• Fuel cell analysis
• Selective Non-catalytic Reduction (SNCR) monitoring
• Boiler/stove emissions compliance
• Biomass combustion monitoring
• Gas purity
• Locomotive/automotive/marine combustion engine exhaust emissions
• Gas turbine exhaust emissions
• Continuous emissions monitoring (CEM)
• Compliance monitoring
• source emissions
• Catalyst Research
• Combustion research
• NOx emissions monitoring
• Adblue/Urea injection control
MEASURING UNITS: PPM or mg/Cu.Mtr. user selectable
Range A: 0-1000ppm. User settable to e.g. 0-1ppm, 0-5ppm, 0-10ppm, 0-50ppm, 0-100ppm, 0-500ppm, 0-1000ppm. Resolution: 0.01ppm
Range B: 0-10000ppm. User settable to e.g. 0-10ppm, 0-50ppm, 0-100ppm, 0-500ppm, 0-1000ppm, 0-5000ppm. 0-10,000ppm. Resolution: 0.1ppm
Range C. 0-100,000 ppm. User settable, with resolution of 1ppm
RESPONSE TIME: T90 <2.0s
REPEATABILITY: <1% FSD
QUENCHING EFFECT: CO2 and H2O Quenching. 2% of reading per 15% CO2 and 2% reading per 2% H2O
+/- 0.5% FSD or 2% of point
EN14181 – dc rel : <2%
R2 : >0.99
ZERO DRIFT: <0.5% FSD/24hrs
TEMPERATURE EFFECT ON ZERO: <0.15% per o C
TEMPERATURE EFFECT ON SPAN: <0.3% per o C
ZERO NOISE: <0.1ppm
SPAN NOISE: <+/-0.1%FSD for vacuum version. <+/-0.3%FSD for non-vacuum version
DETECTION LIMIT: 0.05mgC/m3
BYPASS FLOW SENSITIVITY: Less than 0.5% from 1 to 3 L/min
SAMPLE FILTER: Removable 0.4 micron PTFE
SAMPLE CONDITION: Max temp190o C Pressure -0.3bar to +0.5bar
OPERATING CONDITIONS: 5-40o C ambient temperature
Air for Ozone (O3) flow 140ml/min.
Pressure 0-1bar max dewpoint 12o C.
Stable O2 concentration >20%
CONVERTER EFFICIENCY: NOx >95% or NH3 >85%
Optional 4-20 mA
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 220-240 V AC 110-120 V AC 24 V DC 600 W max.
REMOTE CONTROL: AK protocol via RS232 port, Ethernet Comes with S4i remote software operating system.
SIZE AND WEIGHT: 19” (w) x 133.5 (h) x 530 mm (d). Apx. 30Kg
Quasar CLD Type:
HVCLD-DNOX (NH3) – Dual NOX/NH3
110VAC/220VAC (Standard – Universal)
0-10,000ppm (1% – Standard)
0-100,000ppm – High Range (0-10%)
Removable Wireless Tablet
External vacuum pump
External sample pump
Output* (Analogue outputs are either 0-10VDC or 4-20mA):
4-20mA (optional at extra cost)
Upgraded chart output (20 additional alarms)
MI/995 – Analogue Output SCSI Cable (optional at extra cost):
– HVCLD-NOX: Heated vacuum CLD, measures NO, NO2 and NOx using a switched arrangement.
– HVCLD-DNOX: Heated dual detector CLD for continuous measurement of NO, NO2 and NOx.
– HVCLD-DNOX (NH3): Heated dual detector CLD for continuous measurement of NH3.
– Blank Panel is provided with free issued S4i software to act as remote display and to automate coarse and fine calibration. Display: Removable wireless tablet with on-board logging facility.
– Pump control module can be used for automatic remote control of pumps as part of system.
– External Sample Pump to be used where sample is not under positive pressure.
– The standard I/O includes 3 contact closure alarm outputs. This upgraded option has 23 user configurable contact closure that can be used for alarms or to control external functions such as down-the-line calibration where valves to introduce calibration gas at the sample inlet point can be controlled automatically.